If you are not having your tax refund directly deposited into your bank account, the IRS will deliver it to the address that is listed on your tax return. A post office box, or P.O. Box, is acceptable to use as your permanent address on your return if you do not have your mail delivered to your home.
Place the phrase “P.O. Box,” with your post office box number, on the street line of the address section on your tax return.
Write the city, state and zip code of your post office box on the indicated line in the address section of your tax return.
Check your P.O. Box regularly to pick up your tax refund when it arrives.
- Jupiterimages/Photos.com/Getty Images
- How Can I Get a Transcript of a Federal Tax Lien?
- How to Determine if a Tax Return Has Been Cashed
- How to Check on a Federal Income Tax Return Direct Deposit
- How to Report a 1099 for a Deed in Lieu
- How to Deduct a Mortgage From Taxes
- How to Resubmit Your Taxes
- Is There Any Way I Can Found Out If My IRS Tax Refund Has Been Mailed?
- How to Add Money to an Escrow Account