Municipal bonds can prove attractive investment choices, especially since they are not taxed at a federal level and may not be taxed by the state or locality that issues them. In addition, it can be a good feeling to know you are supporting capital projects for a state or city you feel passionate about. Finding a list of municipal bonds for sale is not complicated.
Go to the Electronic Municipal Market Access page of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board website. Select the "Search" button near the center of the page.
Read the lengthy terms and conditions page that results. You can also access information on this page that can further your knowledge of municipal bonds issues, such as trade prices, credit ratings and market statistics. Click "Accept" at the bottom of the page.
Enter your search criteria at the "Security Information" screen. Choose by the name of the municipality, interest rate, bond purpose, maturity date, rate type (fixed, variable or zero-coupon) or other criteria. You can even specify a bond rating, such as AAA or AA+ by ratings agencies Fitch and Standard & Poor's. Use the Trade History option in the left sidebar to specify trade date, price or amount. Click the "Run Search" button in the left sidebar to initiate the search.
Review the resulting list. Click on the name of a security to access greater detail about it.
- Jupiterimages/Comstock/Getty Images
- How to Determine the Break-Even Point of a Call Option
- How to Take Advantage of Theta Decay in Options
- How do I Compute Bond Yields?
- How to Trade Options Weekly
- FOREX Swing Trading Information
- How to Invest In & Understand the Stock Market
- How Do I Get a Copy of a Social Security Earnings Report?
- How to Secure Your Own Credit Report Without Charge