PayPal is a company that facilitates online payment and money transfers. PayPal is owned by eBay, and operates as a division of eBay. PayPal is publicly traded as part of eBay, which means that purchasing stock is a simple matter. As the most well-known and frequently utilized online payment company, PayPal gets a lot of attention and seems to be an online company with longevity. Investing in PayPal via eBay is a way to include some of the online money transfer market in your portfolio.
Research the company. As with all companies, eBay's performance can change from quarter to quarter and even from day to day. Look at the past performance of the stock and read analysts' predictions regarding the company and the market sector in the future.
Decide how much you want to invest. As with all investments, you don't want to invest more than you can afford to lose, and you want to create a balanced portfolio to minimize the volatility that individual companies and sectors might experience. Consider the place that eBay will have in your overall investment portfolio before you make a purchase.
Contact your broker or use your online brokerage account to purchase stock in eBay in the amount that you have decided is best for you. Keep a record of your purchase.
Items you will need
- Brokerage account
- Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images News/Getty Images
- How to Calculate Annual Return Using Nominal Price and Dividends
- How to Trade NASDAQ Stocks
- How to Get Started with Stock Investments
- How do I get Started in Stocks?
- How to Calculate the Weighted Average Beta of the Stocks Within the Portfolio
- How to Invest in Ocean Energy
- How to Purchase Shares & Stocks
- How to Calculate External Equity