The Toys for Tots program collects toys to disperse to disadvantaged children for Christmas, so that every child can receive a present. The United States Marines collect the toys -- either at specified drop-off locations or in specially marked bins at local toy stores -- during the months prior to the holiday. They request that individuals donate money or new, unwrapped toys to the program. The sign-up process to enroll a child or multiple children in the Toys for Tots program is simple and easy to complete.
Go to the Toys for Tots website and click on the "Request Toys" button near the top center of the homepage.
Select your state from the drop-down menu and then select your location -- which is your county -- from the next drop-down menu. A pop-up will appear stating that you'll be redirected to your local Toys for Tots website.
Click "OK" on the pop-up window and wait till the new Toys for Tots website -- for your local area -- is loaded. Click on the "Request Toys" button again near the top center of the home page to proceed.
Read the qualifications near the top of the page to see if you meet the necessary requirements to register for the Toys for Tots program. Qualifications include proof of residence, government assistance information, proof of identification for parents as well as a birth certificate for each child you are entering into the program.
Contact the company or contact person listed below the qualification information -- whether by phone or email -- to enter your child or children in the Toys for Tots program. Provide your contact information, name and age of each child as well as copies of any necessary documentation, such as proof of residence and identification. Ask how you should provide the documents, whether by fax, postal mail or as an email attachment.
Follow up with the contact person at your local Toys for Tots branch until you receive a confirmation number for each child enrolled in the program as well as the date, time and location where you will pick up your child's toy.
- Present your identification and the confirmation page when you collect your child's toy.
- Certain Toys for Tots locations, such as Toys for Tots NYC, no longer accept individual family requests. Individual families requesting toys in these locations are instructed to contact a local charitable organization, such as a church or other 501(c)(3) organization, that Toys for Tots supplies in their neighborhood.
- Photos.com/PhotoObjects.net/Getty Images
- How to Reply to a Summons for Debt Collection
- How to Plan a Backyard Wedding on a Budget
- How to Obtain a Tax ID Number for a Living Trust
- How to Revoke Bail Through a Bail Bondsman
- Why Do You Need Personal References for a Master Promissory Note?
- What Is Credit Card Sniffing?
- How to Get Teacher Discounts at Verizon Wireless
- Documents Needed to Sell Your Own Home Without an Agent