MoneyGram is a simple, secure method for sending cash, but if you are planning a transfer, it is important to learn the fundamentals regarding how to properly track your transaction and ensure it has been picked up. Fortunately, any transfer can be tracked online with relative ease. By following these simple steps, you will be able to determine at any time what the status of your transfer is.
Log Into Your Account
In order to successfully log in, simply navigate to MoneyGram.com. Once you are inside the website, look for the link at the top right that says “Sign In." After you click on it, type in your unique user name and password to access all of your transaction information. If you have not started your Moneygram transfer yet and do not currently have an account, you will automatically create one during the transfer process.
Find the My Account Screen
Under this screen, you can search through “Recent Activity” for any MoneyGram money transfer that you have already sent through the system. You can easily do this by looking up the date on which the transfer was put through, followed by the name of the recipient. Once you click on the right name, you will be able to view the unique transaction history screen corresponding to that person.
Find the Right Reference Number
Remember that if you have sent more than one MoneyGram money transfer to the same recipient in the past, you will see every one of the transfers listed in the transaction history. To easily find the right one, you will need to find the confirmation number from your transaction receipt or stub and then match it to the same number on the computer screen. Once you have pinpointed the right transaction, you can find more detailed information under the “status” section.
Know What Each Status Means
Once you are in the status section, you will notice one of several status descriptors indicating the actual progression of your money transfer. “Pending” is what usually appears right after you initiate the transfer and indicates that the funding source for the money transfer is still being verified for authenticity. “In Process” indicates that the funding source has been approved, but the money is still being electronically transferred and cannot be picked up just yet. If you see the words “Payment Complete,” it means that the money is available, but has not yet been claimed. Finally, if the money has been claimed, the words “Picked Up” will be displayed.
- Photos.com/PhotoObjects.net/Getty Images
- The Difference Between a Checking Account and a Money Market Account
- Which Is Better, a Savings Account or a Money Market Account?
- Advantages and Disadvantages of a Joint Bank Account With a Spouse
- How Do I Know What a House Is Really Worth Before Making an Offer?
- How do I Invest in Money Market Accounts?
- How Interest Works on a Money Market Account
- Regulated Money Market Vs. Cash Account
- What Are Debits & Credits When Preparing an Income Statement?
- What Can You Do When a Business Takes Money Out of Your Account Without Authorization?
- What Are the Benefits of Having Liquid Assets?