You can track the status of your tax refund using the Internal Revenue Service's "Where's My Refund?" website. To get your refund status, you need your Social Security number, exact refund amount and filing status. You can start checking your refund status 24 hours after e-filing or up to four weeks after mailing in your paper return.
The IRS claims it issued 90 percent of refunds within 21 calendar days or less of receiving the return for the 2012 tax year. "Where's My Refund?" is updated once per day, so you can check daily to get the latest information on when you'll be seeing your refund check.
- Duncan Smith/Photodisc/Getty Images
- Can Donations to the Food Bank Be Claimed in My Tax Return?
- How to Estimate Tax Liability Form 4868
- Does the 125 Plan Affect My Tax Return?
- What if I Gave the Wrong Mileage on My Tax Return by Accident?
- How to Analyze an 1120S Tax Return
- What Address Do I Send My Tax Return To?
- How to Budget With Tax Return Money
- Taxable Income Limits
- How Do Real Estate Auctions Work?
- How Much Do You Get for Claiming a Dependent When Filing Tax Returns?