Esurance is an online-only insurance provider with clients across the United States. It is a division of the Allstate insurance brand and holds and A+ rating with A.M.Best, an insurance industry review company. The process of canceling an Esurance policy is simple if you know what steps to take.
Look up the state where your car is registered and insured and check the policy regarding penalties or fees for cancellation. Make note of any charges that apply to you so that you can ensure accurate billing when the process is complete.
Contact the Esurance customer service department by telephone at 800-378-7262. Tell the representative that you wish to cancel your Esurance policy. You will need to provide your name and policy number to do so. You may have to answer a few simple questions to prove your identity as the policy holder before moving forward with the process.
Inform the representative of the date on which you would like to end your policy so that it coincides with the date that you will no longer be using your automobile or the date that your new policy will begin so there is no lapse in coverage.
Request that any premiums paid beyond the cancellation date be returned to you. Because Esurance policies are prepaid, any payments made for periods after which your policy has been cancelled at your request are refundable. Your payment should be sent in the form of a check by mail to your home address once the cancellation process has been completed.
Request proof of cancellation by email or regular mail and keep it for future reference.
- It is possible to suspend your Esurance car insurance policy if you are a member of the military and you are being deployed overseas. Esurance provides penalty-free cancellation and reinstatement at the same rate you had when you left.
- It is illegal in most states to operate a motor vehicle without auto insurance. Any lapse in coverage can result in a fine and a suspension of your vehicle registration or driver's license. Secure alternative coverage before cancelling an existing policy.
- How to Reject an Insurance Settlement Offer After a Car Accident
- What Do I Do if I Am in a Car Accident & the Other Party's Insurance Refuses to Pay?
- What Does Your Insurance Company Do When Your Car Is Stolen?
- Why Is Insurance Important to Consider Before Purchasing a Car?
- Can I Claim My Car on My Taxes if Work Pays for Gas & Insurance?
- How to Handle a Lowball Initial Insurance Settlement Offer
- Key Advantages & Disadvantages of Using a Static Budget
- Traffic Tickets and Car Insurance
- Car Insurance Laws Regarding the Replacement of a Totaled Auto
- How to Budget for a Low Income Individual