PayPal allows users to withdraw money from their account in three ways: transfer to a bank account, load a PayPal debit card or receive a paper check. You'll need a verified account to choose the paper check option, which also requires a confirmed address. It takes one to two weeks to receive the check for U.S. addresses and six weeks for foreign addresses, making a paper check the least-convenient method to withdraw funds. PayPal charges $1.50 for the check, while the other two methods are free.
Request a Paper Check from PayPal
Log into your PayPal account.
Click on the "My Account" tab.
Click on "Withdraw." Choose "Request a check."
Fill in the amount you wish to withdraw. Use a decimal place between the dollars and cents.
Use the pull-down menu to choose where you want PayPal to mail the check. You can add a new address if necessary by following the links. Click "Continue."
Verify the amount. A $1.50 check fee will be subtracted from the proceeds. Click "Submit." If you wish to alter the amount, click "Cancel," then proceed from Step 4.
Wait for a confirmation email. If you do not receive this, log back into PayPal and check the "My Account" section to be certain your check request has been processed.
- To get your money more quickly, you can have the funds transferred to your bank account, which takes only three to four business days. There is no fee for this service.
- The PayPal debit card is even faster. You can access funds immediately through an ATM or charge purchases directly to the card. ATM or foreign currency transaction fees may apply.
- PayPal will issue the check in the name of the account holder, so you will not be able to send a PayPal check to someone else.
- Sending a check to someone else's address requires you to provide the recipient's credit card number to add the mailing address to your PayPal account.
- Medioimages/Photodisc/Photodisc/Getty Images